“I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music”, as said by Billy Joel.
Moodmedia is one of the biggest international in-store music provider that deals with providing solution to different class of retailers and other businesses such as restaurant, sunglass stores, shopping malls and many more. As a business owner, if I am budget oriented and very particular about what music should be played over my speaker and to get this control in my hand, Moodmedia has announced an app called “Mood Mix”, which is one of the incredibly easy and affordable solutions for music for businesses. For small businesses, it is very easy to use mood mix; as there is no need to install expensive devices, all you require is a speaker connected to the mobile app. Mood Media has integrated a special feature called DIY Messaging, which enables users or clients to record their own personal message(s) and play it as and when needed.
DIY is an awesome feature which is integrated in Mood Mix that improves stability and encourages users to use Mood Mix more for business purposes in various public areas where people love to listen to music. The main purpose of this feature is to allow Business Admin or End User to group devices to mirror message scheduling across multiple devices and to mirror music schedule across selected devices. Client can create their own messaging files and and can upload the messages in order to schedule their music.
Mood:Mix – How it works?
1. Create a mix:
creating a mixes is very simple, and can create any number of mixes as user want. The steps follows in mix creation are:
- Click “Mixes” and then go to new mix
- Name your mix
- Select program by clicking ‘Add the program which you want to add in mix.
- Click ‘create mix’
2. Mix Board:
This feature helps balancing the frequency of programs. User can adjust the frequency of programming according to their need as to which song user wants to play more frequently.
3. Scheduling the mix:-
In this user can schedule any mix for a day they want. Steps followed for the same:
- Go to schedule
- Click on the day which on which you wish to schedule your mix. Select start date and end date and select mix you wish to schedule and last hit the save to schedule your mix.
4. Go to play Panel board to listen music:
- The song which you like hit like button for that.
- The song which you don’t like hit block button for that.
- You can also skip 5 songs per hour.
- You can increase and decrease volume.
DIY is basically done through web application. Steps followed in DIY:
- Create message group: In this admin can create message group, showing which message is assigned to what group.
- Upload message: Admin can upload any of number messages. Till now there is no limit is set on message upload.
- Create player group: Admin can create player group which include list of player on which this message going to play.
- Schedule messages: Admin can schedule message on the basis of interval like minutes or song and at what time the message should be played on the basis of start date/ time and end date/ time.
User can create and schedule mixes.
Few suggestions from my side to improve the Mood Mix:
- There is one feature that Admin can add player according to time zone, and can even edit player in case admin wants to assign player to some other users and want to change time zone and location name. But in case admin wants to remove or delete some player admin can’t. So, I suggest in future this function should be added to provide more flexibility.
– Rekha Pal
Software Engineer, SubcoDevs